Become a Writing Fellow



Are you a strong writer who enjoys working with students from a range of majors and backgrounds? Are you interested in joining a diverse community dedicated to intellectual inquiry and service to the University? Would you like to develop your skills as a mentor and leader on campus?  If so, consider applying to UW-Madison's Writing Fellows program!

The Writing Fellows Program is looking for highly motivated undergraduate students from all majors in L&S to participate in a peer tutoring of writing program that places undergraduates in positions of intellectual leadership. Writing Fellows work closely with professors in courses across the College of Letters and Science, helping students with their writing in departments such as history, astronomy, sociology, comparative literature, and many more. Writing Fellows serve as role models for other students and gain invaluable experience as readers and writers themselves.  

To learn more about the program and to find out how to apply, visit this website

Or, join us for one of our information sessions:
Tuesday, February 7, 5:30-7:00 p.m., Multicultural Student Center Classroom
Thursday, February 16, 6:00-7:00 p.m., Chadbourne Residential College, Main Lounge
Wednesday, February 22, 6:00-7:00 p.m., Writing Center Commons, 6171 Helen C. White Hall

The application deadline is 5:00 p.m., Friday, March 10, 2017.

Here's what two former Writing Fellows said about their experiences:

"I was involved, in one way or another, in virtually every facet of student life at the UW, and the Writing Fellows Program was without a doubt the most fulfilling and rewarding experience of my college career. I think it's a rarity on a campus like the UW to find a program that provides such an intellectually stimulating and close-knit community as the Writing Fellows program, but I'm certainly glad I found it, and I hope others do, too ."-Chris McCall, Political Science and German majors

"Of all my college experiences, I feel most proud of my participation in the Writing Fellows program. It taught me the most about myself, my peers, and the true definition of a meaningful education."-Katie Rolnick, Theatre and Drama major

Comments